Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Phil Seuling's NY Comicon


Been too tired to read and too restless to do anything else of significance, so I thought, "Hey, why not scan the covers of programs from the comicons I attended in the 1970s!" Here's the first one. No autographs because I was too shy (yes, really) to approach "famous people." I got over that a few years later. This is the 1973 Phil Seuling's New York Comicon.

I think I read about this con on an editorial page in a DC comic and was overwhelmed by the whole concept. It was held in the wonderful, old Commodore Hotel, now gone, replaced by a Hyatt, on East 42nd Street. Good times. Definitely good times.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:32 AM EST

    Excellent series idea. I would do the same thing. But since I have attended a grand total of one convention, my one cover was it. Looking forward to seeing yours.

    On a barely relevant note, I just stayed in that Hyatt for a week in December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I went to 5 cons in the '70s. The Phil Seuling ones and the DC birthday bash for Superman's birthday, which was 1976.

    ReplyDelete