Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Comics Day Minus One

Just because, here's a fun pic: It's Batman! Well, not quite, but close enough.

Meanwhile, I read 3 more comics from the stack, mostly from last week.

Aquaman 51
I haven't decided if I like this storyline -- almost too much seems to be happening -- but I don't like the art. To go from the gorgeous, realistic covers to the interior art with the oddly elongated, cartoonish faces and lack of detail is just unsettling for me.

Brave and Bold 3
Batmand and Blue Beetle made for a fun team and I like that the story is working on many levels, so we got Supergirl from last issue, looking for GL and hooking up with Lobo, to lead into the next issue's main team.

The Spirit 5
I love this book. It's fun, it's breezy, it's serious, it's a perfect blend of script and art. I'm not one to repeat the story details in a review and it gets tedious for me to keep saying a book is great, so go read it. But that's pretty much all I have to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment