Thursday, April 08, 2010

Blackest Night

Finally caught up reading this, which meant reading the last BN issues of GL Corps, GL, and BN 8 in one sitting. I loved the foldout spread in BN 8. I loved the not unexpected resurrections, though some surprised me. And I'm curious about why Boston Brand was brought back to life. It would seem to negate his whole super power thing. Most satisfying was that Shiera was back, not Kendra. I liked Kendra, but she wasn't the right Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman. Hawkwoman is Shay-ara to Carter's Katar, and Kendra, as interesting a character as she was, didn't fit well with Carter.

I liked seeing Ronnie Raymond back and I wonder how Firestorm will function now. I never really knew Max Lord, so don't much care about him being back. I was never a big Martian Manhunter fan, but it's nice to have him back. It's good seeing Arthur back and reunited with Mera. I don't care one way or the other about the rest, though Alan Scott will be happy to have his daughter back.

I wish Ralph and Sue were back and the fact they weren't resurrected has me wondering if they'll serve a function in Brightest Day. Ditto Boston Brand.

I do wonder if Hal's right when he says, "I think dead is dead from here on out--" (Not counting Bruce Wayne, of course.)

And I still hate that Lian Harper is dead.

Now, on to Brightest Day!

2 comments:

  1. It has been an interesting few months, hasnt it? And now it's all over. There were some rather peculiar resurrections though. I mean...Capt. Boomerang? The Original one? What happened to Owen, who I rather liked? Although, he did go over the line there at the end, feeding women and children to his undead father.

    I think that Barry brought up a good point...where ARE Ralph and Sue? And Ted, and Dmitri and Garth, and a whole crapload of other people that I would much rathe see instead of Osiris. Heck, what about Barda and Scott?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking Osiris is going to lead into a Black Adam story. But yeah, what about Barda and Scott? Barda is too good to not get back.

    ReplyDelete