Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Attention Female Comics Fans

This article on Early Word about female readers and female characters, with a focus on the cheesecake art makes for interesting reading. I left a comment, now in moderation limbo, and you might want to add your two cents, too. As I've said in the past, I don't mind the cheesecake, even if it's exploitive; just give me some beefcake, too. But I do agree that the art is a turn-off for many potential female readers and it would be to the benefit of traditional superhero books for them to appeal to male and female readers. There's a way to do sexy art, of both sexes, and still not have it be exploitive or demeaning. The good artists, ie Adam Hughes, know how to do it.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the head sup, i've commented too. I like GCS a lot and the sexy art doesn't turn me off it, unusally.

    ReplyDelete