Sunday, October 16, 2011

NYCC Sunday

It was kids' day at the con. Lots of short folks underfoot. It might've been more mobbed yesterday, but today it really got to me. I could hardly move anywhere. I didn't get many sketches this con, partly because I never got to Amanda Connor's table at the right time and partly because too many of the artists I wanted sketches from were too busy finishing commissions. I don't really commission art or buy finished pieces because I have no room to display them and my money goes toward supporting my toy, book, and comics habits. ;)

Anyway, Cliff Chang was nice enough to do a quickie for me, and Dustin Nguyen did a quick Steph Brown Batgirl sketch. To me, these little sketches are like enhanced autographs.

Now, I'm exhausted and my feet and legs hurt, not from walking around so much as from standing around or moving at a snail's pace trying to get through the dealers' room where I hang out pretty much the entire time I'm at the con.

Highlights in photos...

Cliff Chang

At the DC Booth

I'm not sure what's scarier: that they made these Alfred E. Neuman Justice Leaguers or that I think I want the Wonder Woman one.

Celebrating Spy vs. Spy's 50th Anniversary

Jimmy Palmiotti

Neal Adams

Toys! Toys! Toys!

Steph Batgirl by Dustin Nguyen

Sketch by Cliff Chang

No comments:

Post a Comment