Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Ooooo Reviews

One downside to retirement, if it can be called a downside, is that deadlines mean little, and therefore, I keep forgetting to post my reviews.

Ame-Comi Girls 5
This continues to be a pleasant romp by Palmiotti, Gray, and a team of artists. In this installment, we are introduced to this universe's version of Hawkgirl, complete with origin. I really like this female-centric take on the DCU, but wish it had been done with more realistic art. Still, it's a decent comic for kids of all ages.

The Movement 3
The plot thickens a bit in Gail Simone's politically charged comic and Freddie Williams II's art continues to do the job, complementing the gritty story. The story centers around a corrupt city and I'm still not sure what to think of it. I don't have enough invested in the characters yet, appealing as they might be. And I'm not fond of rats or mice, so having a character who surrounds himself with them just gives me the creeps.

~~~

I also contributed to the Indiegogo project Grayson: Earth One, which is a very cool reworking of Nightwing's origin that assumes Dick was never taken in by Batman and had to fend for himself. I saw the first episode and it was rather well done, with appealing actors. Give it a look and contribute because I want to see more episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment