Sunday, July 07, 2024

Catching Up

 I'm reasonably sure, as a senior citizen, I'm not a member off the intended audience for Sex Criminals by Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky, mostly because they pretty much say so in their commentary. However, I enjoyed it.

The basic plot is simple. Jon and Suze are two of a group of people for whom time stops (or slows down to a near stop) when they climax sexually. I knew this when I bought the six collected volumes. The premise sounded fun and the reviews were good, so I figured I'd give it a try. It turned out to be a richer, more complex story.

From their bizarre plot, Fraction and Zdarsky wove a story about complicated characters, love in various forms, and everchanging relationships, and they delivered an ending that caught me a bit by surprise. By the end, I really cared for  most of the characters and was satisfied with how their lives turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment