Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday Funnies

Well, I read Wonder Woman 1, cover to cover, and I still like it. I love it, in fact. I really don't have more to say about it that I haven't already said. It's a great start to a new-look WW.

JSA 86
I really like how the flashbacks for Gentleman Ghost's origin has been handled here as opposed to the Vandal Savage background in JSA: Classified. I think feeding the reader the info bit by bit works better in these team books and doesn't relegate the stars to what appears to be "guest star" status in their own books. The story is moving along, we now know what the Ghost is up to and why, and next issue should deliver the punch I've come to expect from this book.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:38 PM EDT

    I'll second that on Wonder Woman. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it since I wasn't very familar with her history.
    Do you think we'll have more of Donna Troy as WW, or will Diana come back right away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read that Heinberg said Donna would be WW for his run which is at least 5 issues. I hope she'll be WW for quite a while as I've always loved her character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:43 PM EDT

    I too hope Donna gets a fair run as Wonder Woman, not jsut for the first five issues.

    ReplyDelete