Thursday, April 19, 2007

Comics News and the Eisners

I usually don't pay much attention to awards, but having to vote for one of these would drive me nuts:

Best New Series

* Criminal, by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips (Marvel Icon)
* East Coast Rising, by Becky Cloonan (Tokyopop)
* Gumby, by Bob Burden and Rick Geary (Wildcard)
* Jack of Fables, by Bill Willingham, Matthew Sturges, Tony Akins, and Andrew Pepoy (Vertigo/DC)
* The Lone Ranger, by Brett Matthews and Sergio Cariello (Dynamite)
I love Criminal, Jack of Fables, and The Lone Ranger with all my comics loving heart. I would never be able to pick one over the other. I don't know the other two. Having three favs make the finals is enough. All three are great. If you're not reading them, what are you waiting for?

From the
Blog@Newsrama, which also had the news that Hawkgirl's been canceled. No surprise, but a damn shame. That book was never given a chance. All it needed was a writer who understood the book and character and an artist who could draw facial expressions (we got the latter, but too late).


No comments:

Post a Comment