Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Catching Up Bit by Bit

Since I don't have this week's comics for reading and reviewing, I figured I'd update on the older books I've got here.

Finished reading the Jack of Fables I had stacked up. Excellent and funny as usual. I really enjoyed the second story arc for Crossing Midnight. The mysticism has deepened and Toshi has proven herself a resourceful young woman. Her brother might've been the lead of the first arc, but this one was all Toshi.

Hero by Night ended up an up note and was loads of fun. There was a hint there will be more. Cool.

The first issue of Madame Mirage showed a lot of promise and had some snappy dialogue, even when it sounded cliched. The art was very nice. I'm looking forward to the next issue and learning more about Madame Mirage.

I caught up on Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8, too. Good ending to the first arc and the standalone followup was a moving look at the slayer who'd filled in as Buffy in Italy. It might not be as good as having the TV show back, but it's damned close.

No comments:

Post a Comment