Thursday, November 22, 2007

Print vs Online Comics

Brainfreeze pointed out these interesting posts by Kleefeld on the issues involved with doing comics online: Part 1 and Part 2. I left a long comment on Part 1 about the additional issues readers bring, specifically, visual problems like dry eye, and my own problem with nystagmus. Having middle-aged eyes, I know I'm not the audience for which online comics are intended. I can read a lot longer from print than off a computer screen before I need a rest or my eyes need lubrication (usually drops of artificial tears). Kleefeld discusses the more techie aspects of the original medium for which comics, like movies shown on TV, were designed for and the problems of transferring them to another medium.

I read a bunch of print comics yesterday. Reviews soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment