Monday, July 30, 2012

Shoutout to my LCS

I suppose LCS is a bit of a misnomer since Forbidden Planet NYC is not exactly all that local to me. It's a 40 minute subway ride away, but it's where I've got my subs and where I've exclusively bought my comics for the last 15 years (I used to alternate with another shop, Jim Hanley's Universe across from the Empire State Building.). And they've just moved into their new location, which I visited today and it's awesome. Third location (not counting the 2nd store they had for a while in midtown) and this is the best. It really captures the feel of the old store on the other side of Broadway. And it's sure better than the corner store they just vacated which was too narrow and too cramped. Even better, everything's on one floor now and they've been able to move out more stock, too. So. Many. Toys.

They've only been in the new location a week, so they're still ironing out the kinks, but it's already got so much going for it. I love the old wood floor; it has so much character. The display cases with the sculptures and toys are so much easier to view now and the new comics are in the back with plenty of room to move around. If you're in NYC and haven't seen it yet, check it out.

Edited to add: Nice article on the move in Publishers Weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment