Sunday, February 07, 2016

This Week in Comics

Just four this time, and no DCs. How odd that is, given how many DC comics I read pre-New 52.

Barb Wire 8
This got weird in a hurry. Turns out the whole mess Barb got embroiled in involved a human/AI combo and a conspiracy. But all's well that ends, maybe, sorta. A fun, fluff of a comic. It doesn't stick with you, but it's fun while you're reading it. Or so is the case for me.

Shutter 18
Sort of a recap issue with flashbacks for Kate, and well, the usual weirdness. This remains the weirdest comic I've ever read. Oddly fun, too.

Captain Marvel 2
I don't know Alpha Flight, so some of this is really new to me. Anyway, Carol and her team encounter danger while exploring a seemingly dead space ship. I have no idea where this is going, but it is interesting.

Velvet 13
The mystery and the conspiracy deepens as Velvet gets some answers and yet more questions as things continue to not be what they seem or even what she's already figured out. This has been one helluva ride and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment, which takes too long to get here. Why can't this book be monthly?!

No comments:

Post a Comment