Saturday, April 08, 2017

Timely Reviews

Well, mostly timely.

Champions 7
The Champions take on the Freelancers and get a lesson in corporate greed. Not a typical superhero story and I'm curious as to how this story will end.

Green Arrow 20
I can't begin to say how happy this made me. I break out in a silly grin just thinking about it. The flashback storyline for Roy gets to the root of his problems and in the present-day story, he and Ollie find common ground. This is a deeper, richer backstory for Roy, while it restores the best of the original version. The only thing missing is his relationship with Dinah, how she helped him kick heroin, but I'll take it. I don't expect Rebirth to restore everything. It can't. Life moves on and this Earth isn't the Earth 1 of the '70s and '80s. But it's an Earth I'm coming to really love.

Hawkeye 5
Jessica Jones visits and Kate gets lots of lessons on PIing. I love the cover and the story is fun, too. Next issue should be even more fun.

Jessica Jones 7
The aftermath of the first arc, with Jessica and Luke talking but not talking. I'm still not sure what to think about this book.

Lazarus 26
Wow. The story is really ramping up and now we're getting another break, scheduled this time, with a side-story mini-series this summer, so artist Michael Lark can take a break. This is a dark world, so fitting in today's political climate, and I hate waiting for the next chapter.

Nightwing 18
Dick and Damian find Shawn, and I'm reminded yet again of how much I enjoy the two of them together.

Star-Lord 5
Forced into stealing for the Black Cat to keep Edmund's son safe, Peter thinks he has everything under control. Unfortunately, for him and Edmund, that isn't quite true and even with help from Logan and Daredevil, things go awry. Loose, breezy caper story.

Superman 20
Looks like we'll finally find out why Jon hasn't gained full superpowers and why the dairy farmer Cobb is rather squirrelly. Part one of "Black Dawn" shows promise for things to come.

2 comments:

  1. Champions is a whole lot of fun, but it's just sad that their youthful joy and belief in justices being slowly drained from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I'm really not happy with the direction Marvel is taking.

      Delete