Sunday, October 04, 2020

Reading Comics in the Time of COVID-19

 It's been a year since my last post, and what a year it's been. I broke my arm soon after my last post here, and soon after I finished physical therapy for it after the brace was removed, the virus hit. I started self-quarantining in February; a few weeks later, my LCS closed, along with all other non-essential businesses here in NYC. Just because I think comics are essential doesn't mean the government does.

After two months, Forbidden Planet NY resumed mail service and my pull list titles started to arrive. I took a break from catching up on book reading, to read my new comics. I also started on the stacks of unread graphic novels and collected comics trades. I finally read Brian K. Vaughan's Y: The Last Man and loved it. I enjoyed G. Willow Wilson's Air, a rather quirky fantasy-esque tale. 

I don't know if anyone is still reading this blog, but I thought I'd post an update.

2 comments:

  1. Happy that you're ok. Way out here in cali,i love comics and read various blogs about them. Mostly at work,yours happened tobe one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, shucks. Thanks. It's nice to know someone's out there reading. :)

      Delete