Sunday, February 05, 2006

Two More Quick Ones

Aquaman 39
I stopped reading the new series before the first year was over, but with the 1 Year After changes that are coming, I thought I should read how this ends. The art by Freddie Williams II is very nice. He does a decent job with underwater scenes, tho hardly the best. And while his faces are off, they have expression, which is a plus. The story was okay, the ending a bit unclear, but if Black Manta is indeed gone, perhaps Arthur finally showed some emotional complexity. At any rate, I hope we'll learn what happens to him during the missing year since the book will have a new Aquaman come next month.

Rann-Thanagar War Infinite Crisis Special 1
Interestingly, the books leading up to this war (Adam Strange) and the ones after, including this one, have been generally more interesting than the war itself. This is actually a nice story, filling a gap that will surely be in Infinite Crisis without it. And while I hate having to read so many books that are tangent to the main event, I prefer those tangential books matter and not be side stories that don't have much consequence in the grand scheme of things. Here is the evidence that Superboy of that other Earth caused the war and we see Kyle becoming Ion once more. And we've had yet another casualty, one cheered by many. I didn't have strong feelings about her one way or the other, so I'm neither cheering nor mourning. All in all, a good interlude chapter in the Crisis saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment