Friday, September 09, 2011

Introducing the New Pull List

It's a done deed. Went to Forbidden Planet and started my pull list over from scratch.

Returning titles:

  • Lone Ranger
  • Zorro
  • Criminal
  • The Unwritten
  • Doc Savage (We think it's continuing, maybe.)
  • The Spirit (We think it's continuing, maybe.)


New titles:

  • Voodoo
  • Grifter
  • Batwoman
  • Jennifer Blood
  • The Shadow (upcoming)


I'll continue to get in trades:

  • Scalped
  • Air
Picked up exactly one comic today, Jennifer Blood 4. Got 2 of the new Doctor Who action figures, and picked up some trades to fill in where I had gaps. For some comics, I'm converting the monthlies to trades to save space and to be able to put them on shelves like books.

I was going to add some other DCnU books, but couldn't bring myself to do it. I might try a few first to see if I want to bother sticking with them. Batgirl 1 was sold out. I think I'm relieved. I know folks have liked it, judging by reviews I've seen on other blogs, but I can't think of Babs as Batgirl again. I've tried, but the older, more mature Babs as Oracle keeps getting in the way.

Ah well. was fun while it lasted. I'll be reviewing old DCU titles for a while longer. And I still haven't been able to get myself to read the last Detective. I'm not ready to say goodbye to Dick as Batman, damn it!

4 comments:

  1. I do believe that Kyle Rayner is going to be in Voodoo in a couple of months. And Justice League International was actually fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that would be cool. While I like Kyle, he's never been a main guy for me, so I'm not concerned about his backstory or continuity being screwed up, so it would be fun to read about him.

    And I'm sure a lot of the new books will be fun, good, etc. I just can't bring myself to read them. It's all just too confusing and annoying. Maybe now I'll save enough money on the books to fill in on trades and buy some more graphic novels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While waiting for my wife to shop in a craft store I was staring at a rack of DC stickers, the "old" DC characters. I've been thinking about the DCnU, not buying it mind you, just thinking about it - a little. Seeing that rack of licensed DC characters made me think that there will probably continue to be 2 DC universes - DCnu and DCmakeUs$ which will be the familiar character images on stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're right, Paul. Those old characters and costumes are iconic.

    ReplyDelete